MANAGER OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
This is an exciting full-time opportunity for an individual looking to be involved in many aspects of an internationally acclaimed dance company. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills, be energetic, proactive, creative, detail oriented, well organized, and interested in the performing arts, with 2-4 years of experience in fundraising and marketing. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Administrative Assistant to meet organizational goals.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop innovative, multi-platform sponsorship proposals for corporate partners, foundations, government, and individuals.
- Plan, manage, and implement the yearly fundraising calendar and ensure timely execution of proposal and reporting requirements.
- Design and craft all materials for the department, including: proposals, informational presentations, contracts, and donor appeal and acknowledgement letters.
- Conduct new prospects research maintain development calendar
- With Administrative Assistant, ensure that database is kept up to date.
- Manage membership program, donor cultivation, and special events
- Collect, analyze, and report data on the performance of fundraising activities.
- Work in conjunction Executive and Artistic Directors and any consultants to develop marketing/advertising strategy and oversee the implementation of marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Serve as in-house designer and copywriter for print and web. Design materials include fundraising collateral, merchandise, posters, flyers, educational and programming one-sheets, and mailings
- Manage all online materials and web presence through e-newsletters (through MailChimp), website (WordPress), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and YouTube)
- Serve as direct liaison with publicist and presenters to coordinate public relations strategy, program materials, photos, and video assets.
- Maintain up-to-date program materials, photo and video archives
- Coordinate with outside vendors, including photographers, designers, printers, or others as necessary.
- Coordinate all company photo shoots and video shoots in conjunction with Artistic Director and Production Manager
- Coordinate outreach to cultural and educational partners
- Oversee VIP ticket requests and comp tickets for all NYC performances and events
- Manage Development/Marketing budget
- Other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
- Strong knowledge of the performing arts and dance community.
- Demonstrated success and experience with institutional and government funders.
- Familiarity with database services (like Raiser’s Edge) and online development research tools
- Ability to multitask and handle overlapping deadlines and assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Design experience, a strong visual sense, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and CSS is a plus.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume indicating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls. Salary & benefits commensurate with experience. EOE.