MANAGER OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
This is an exciting full-time opportunity for an individual looking to be involved in many aspects of an internationally acclaimed dance company. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills, be energetic, proactive, creative, detail oriented, well organized, and interested in the performing arts, with 2-4 years of experience in fundraising and marketing. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Administrative Assistant to meet organizational goals.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop innovative, multi-platform sponsorship proposals for corporate partners, foundations, government, and individuals.
- Plan, manage, and implement the yearly fundraising calendar and ensure timely execution of proposal and reporting requirements.
- Design and craft all materials for the department, including: proposals, informational presentations, contracts, and donor appeal and acknowledgement letters.
- Conduct new prospects research maintain development calendar
- With Administrative Assistant, ensure that database is kept up to date.
- Manage membership program, donor cultivation, and special events
- Collect, analyze, and report data on the performance of fundraising activities.
- Work in conjunction Executive and Artistic Directors and any consultants to develop marketing/advertising strategy and oversee the implementation of marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Serve as in-house designer and copywriter for print and web. Design materials include fundraising collateral, merchandise, posters, flyers, educational and programming one-sheets, and mailings
- Manage all online materials and web presence through e-newsletters (through MailChimp), website (WordPress), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and YouTube)
- Serve as direct liaison with publicist and presenters to coordinate public relations strategy, program materials, photos, and video assets.
- Maintain up-to-date program materials, photo and video archives
- Coordinate with outside vendors, including photographers, designers, printers, or others as necessary.
- Coordinate all company photo shoots and video shoots in conjunction with Artistic Director and Production Manager
- Coordinate outreach to cultural and educational partners
- Oversee VIP ticket requests and comp tickets for all NYC performances and events
- Manage Development/Marketing budget
- Other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
- Strong knowledge of the performing arts and dance community.
- Demonstrated success and experience with institutional and government funders.
- Familiarity with database services (like Raiser’s Edge) and online development research tools
- Ability to multitask and handle overlapping deadlines and assignments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Design experience, a strong visual sense, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be proficiency with Mac computers and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and CSS is a plus.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume indicating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No calls. Salary & benefits commensurate with experience. EOE.
The administrative assistant works closely with various team members to ensure the smooth running of the office. The ideal candidate is strongly interested in dance and the arts, and would be proactive and willing to take initiative to troubleshoot problems. Previous experience working in small non-profit organizations is desired, as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close working environment with evolving priorities.
- Fulfill all duties as Administrative Assistant including but not limited to answering multiple telephone lines, managing front door, greeting all visitors, and managing deliveries
- Maintain and update Company calendar, address book, and mailing lists
- Manage general inbox and respond to queries in a timely manner, direct relevant queries to the appropriate team members
- Maintain office supply inventory and ordering items as needed
- Maintain shipping supplies and relevant equipment across 3 vendors: FedEx, UPS, USPS via Pitney Bowes
- Coordinate with Company Manager and Production Manager on offsite studio rentals
- Maintaining all tour and accounting files
- Manage administrative budget and handle administrative expenses in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining accurate receipt processing and communicate all changes to payroll accountants
- Manage Google Apps for business and onboarding new hires
- Other duties assigned by senior staff from time to time
- Updating and maintaining website
- Assisting the Manager of External Affairs in keeping accurate donor records and lists on DonorSnap and Mail Chimp
- Assist with various membership events and activities
- Coordinate with the Manager of External Affairs to manage auditions, workshop and education program registrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite for Mac and OS X standard applications
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Eventbrite
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and CSS a plus
- Experience working with donor databases
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop mandatory
- Ability to multitask and handle overlapping deadlines and assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please respond with a cover letter and resume indicating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No calls. EOE.